Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sapamurat discounts brides and grooms



In a shock change of policy, foreigners will no longer be charged to marry Turkmen or Turkmenian women (not Turkwomen as you might reasonably expect). Check it out here - I did.

It was certainly a shock to me. I never knew about it in the first place! (Isn't it strange - sometimes you never notice things until they are gone - but let's not get philosphical here - whatever!).

It definately explains why my many proposals to visiting foreign young ladies (on peace corp work and the like) were rebuffed. I thought it might have been my choice of tradtional Turkmen hats or that they felt I was just after a green card. But no - this clearly wasn't the case - they simply didn't have the $50,000 available to pay for me!

So now this has all changed. No doubt I'll be married to a tall blond from Oklahoma or Arkansas before the year is out!

Anyway, I wish I'd invested in a Turkmenian brides site like this one before. I'm sure that they are already doing business like gangbusters since Sapa's discount offering became so widely know.

Well too late now - but maybe when I move to Kansas with my new bride I'll be less upset. Still, I also need to check out the Trance and Techno scene before jumping into marriage now that I'm going to be so much in demand. I'd hate to end up somewhere where they were only into Country Music. I mean - Paul van Dyk would turn in his grave at the thought if it wasn't for the fact that he isn't in one.

Let's get Turkmen brides (and grooms) on the map!

By the way - did you notice how in the picture on the BBC news site, Sapa appears to have aged since he gave out the hat prize just recently (see earlier blog). Who knows what's going there - maybe the treatment doesn't last that long - maybe the clones were out of sorts and Sapa had to turn up for the photo shoot himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home