Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Roonama strikes a blow for drinking freedom!



Well, was I completely fooled or was I completely and utterly fooled?

I should have realized not to take that e-mail from Betsy at face value. Boy, does she still bear a grudge about that careless if accurate comment about "faded looks". I mean, it's not like your average camel is anything to write home about at the best of times!

Back to the point, I have found out that Sapamurat Niyazov's best seller is not about cocktails at all. Having managed to locate a plentiful supply of copies to help meet the huge demand generated by my blog, I took a quick peak at the first copy as I was stuffing it into a jiffy bag to mail to a customer in Khartoom and whadya know - it's definately not about cocktails!

Check it out for yourself.

Anyway, I now have 14 pallet loads of copies which I picked up from a friend of Fakir who trades in this sort of thing. So if it looks like your kind of read, don't hold back - get your orders to me!

Of course, one thing we have established is the huge international demand for a cocktail mixing manual with a Central Asian flavor written a well known Turkmen.

So while I'm stiil lying low, I have started work on my own cocktail manual, the Roonama.

Here's a quick taster of recipes from the forthcoming best seller:

  • Aardvark's Atom Smasher - Sambuca, Gin, Godiva® Liqueur, Espresso, Ice
  • Spymaster - Banana Liqueur, Eggs, Lemon Juice, Vodka
  • Pan Galactic Gargle-Blaster - Bourbon, Bourbon, Gin, Soda, Soda Peppermint, Schnapps, Soda Walker Red Label, Cinnamon, Olive
  • Vampire Juice - Coconut Rum, Blue Curacao, Bacardi Limon, Orange Juice, Ice
  • Bird Shit - Blackberry Brandy, Tequila, Milk
  • Sweet Revenge - Cointreau, Melon Liqueur, Orange Juice
  • Dirty Diaper - Ice, Orange Juice, Rum, Tonic Water
  • Bunny Killer - Malibu Rum, Rum, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice

    So get all your PayPals and credit cards ready and stay tuned. Let's show Betsy how badly her nasty trick went astray! Let's help pay for the 14 pallets!

    Let's get Roonama onto the cocktail circuit map!
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Lisa said...

    ok as soon as i saw 'bird shit' i burst out laughing. this is probably due to the alcohol in my system, but it was hilarious! i did a fair amount of roffling i can tell you.

    8:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home